Pakistan’s economy has been on a ventilator. Our imports are manifold compared to exports, hence a great trade deficit exists. To handle this dilemma, we need short-term as well as long-term measures. One of the most important long-term measures that we must pursue, is to establish and support local businesses. Attracting international investments is also imperative to make the Pakistani Rupee stronger.
Fortunately, in the last few years, many incubators and accelerators have been working to support start-ups and to promote businesses. Though often considered synonyms, incubators and accelerators actually function differently. The entrepreneurs must first determine whether they need an incubator or an accelerator at the respective stage of a business’s life cycle.
Incubators give start-ups the support to establish their businesses right at the beginning. Most start-ups have unrefined ideas and lack the business acumen to execute. Incubators enable them in the transition from an innovative idea to a reality. A mature idea with an organized business model enables the startup in making a better pitch to venture capitalists.
Accelerators, on the other hand, work as a catalyst in accelerating the growth of existing companies who have streamlined their ideas. These progressive programs build upon the start-up’s foundation to catapult them towards to the venture capitalists and investors. The dream of every start-up is to obtain capital by pitching to the investors and venture capitalists. The venture capitalist invests in a business with positive future prospects, against a share in equity.
Pakistan has a great potential to produce quality entrepreneurs, hence it’s a perfect hotbed for venture capitalists. Here are some top start-ups created in our very own homeland.
1) Zameen.com ($29 million)
Zameen.com was founded in 2006, it’s the most well-funded startup of Pakistan. Co-founded by two brothers, zameen.com is considered to be the best property portal of Pakistan which allows for the buying, selling, and renting the properties in major cities of Pakistan. Zameen.com has been able to secure $29 million of disclosed venture capital funding to date. During the recent funding, its value was estimated at around $80 Million.
2) Airlift ($14.2 million)
It’s an app-based decentralized mass transit service provider that allows users to commute on fixed routes. Founded in 2018 by Usman Gul and Ahmed Ayub, Airlift successfully captured the market niche untapped by Uber and Careem in Pakistan. Airlift has successfully secured $14.2 million of disclosed venture capital funding, most of it was raised in 2019.
3) Rozee.pk ($8.5 million)
Monis Rehman founded Rozee.pk in 2005 to post jobs for his existing company. In 2006, it got converted into a full-fledged employment website. Today, Rozee.pk is considered the best website for employers and job seekers in Pakistan. Rozee.pk has successfully secured $8.5 million of disclosed venture capital to date.
4) Bykea ($5.7 million)
Bykea is an on-demand ride hailing and parcel delivery startup founded in 2016 by Muneeb Maayr. It has successfully secured $5.7 million of disclosed venture capital till date.
5) Inov8 ($5.4 million)
Inov8 is an innovative B2B payment solution founded in 2004. It specializes in mobile banking, e-commerce, and branchless banking. Inov8 secured an investment amounting to $5.4 million from the Dubai-based Venture Capitalist Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan.
6) Finja ($2.5 million)
Finja was founded by Monis Rahman, Qasif Shahid, and Umer Munawar in 2015. It offers both B2B and B2C payment solutions. Finja has successfully secured $2.5 million of disclosed venture capital funding to date.
7) Sastaticket ($1.5 million)
Sastaticket.pk founded in 2016, is an online travel agency. It provides convenient air travel, hotel, and holiday packages. Sastaticket.pk has secured an investment of $1.5 million from Gobi Partners, a China-based venture capital fund.
8) Oladoc ($1.2 million)
Oladoc is a Health based tech startup that makes it easier for users in searching and booking a medical health professional. Oladoc has successfully secured $1.2 million of disclosed venture capital funding to date.
9) Tez Financial Services ($1.1 million)
Tez Financial Services is a finance based Tech-startup which provides financial services to unbanked Pakistanis. It has successfully secured an investment of $1.1 million from Pakistan-based Planet N Group of Companies, San Francisco-based Omidyar Network and Washington, DC-based Accion Venture Lab.
10) Well.pk ($1 million)
Well.pk is an e-commerce retailer which deals with groceries, apparel & electronics. It successfully secured an investment of $1 million from angel investors, Noor Abid and Nadeem Hussain.
How to Create Quality Backlinks for Your Website? A Step-by-Step Guide
Backlinks are one of the most important factors in search engine optimization (SEO). They are links from other websites to your own website, and they act as a vote of confidence in your website’s authority and quality. The more high-quality backlinks your website has, the higher it will rank in search engine results pages (SERPs). This means that more people will see your website when they search for keywords related to your business or industry.
There are many different ways to create backlinks, but not all of them are created equal. Some backlinks are more valuable than others, and some backlinks can even hurt your SEO.
In this article, I will show you how to create high-quality backlinks that will help you improve your website’s ranking and visibility in search engines.
Step 1: Create high-quality content
The best way to attract backlinks is to create high-quality content that is informative, engaging, and useful to your target audience. When you create high-quality content, other websites are more likely to link to it.
Here are some tips for creating high-quality content:
- Write content that is relevant to your target audience.
- Write content that is informative and engaging.
- Write content that is well-written and free of errors.
- Write content that is unique and original.
- Promote your content on social media and other websites.
Step 2: Guest blog
Guest blogging is a great way to get backlinks from high-quality websites. When you guest blog, you write an article for another website in your industry. In return, the website will typically give you a backlink to your own website.
To find guest blogging opportunities, you can use a search engine to search for “guest post” or “write for us” opportunities. You can also reach out to websites directly to see if they are accepting guest posts.
When you write a guest post, be sure to write high-quality content that is relevant to the website’s audience. You should also include a link back to your own website in your author bio.
Step 3: Broken link building
Broken link building is a technique where you find broken links on other websites and then contact the website owner to let them know. If the website owner fixes the broken link, they may also link to your website as a replacement.
Step 4: Build relationships with other websites
One of the best ways to get backlinks is to build relationships with other websites in your industry. You can do this by commenting on other websites’ blog posts, sharing their content on social media, and guest blogging for their websites.
When you build relationships with other websites, they are more likely to link to your website in the future.
Step 5: Promote your website on social media
Social media is a great way to promote your website and attract backlinks. When you share your content on social media, be sure to include a link back to your website.
You can also use social media to connect with other websites in your industry. Once you have connected with other websites, you can start building relationships with them.
Step 6: Use a link-building tool
There are a number of link-building tools available that can help you find and create backlinks. These tools can be helpful, but it is important to use them carefully.
Some link-building tools can generate low-quality backlinks that can hurt your SEO. It is important to only use link-building tools that generate high-quality backlinks.
Creating high-quality backlinks is one of the best ways to improve your website’s ranking and visibility in search engines. By following the tips in this article, you can start creating backlinks that will help you achieve your SEO goals.
Here are some additional tips for creating quality backlinks:
- Avoid link schemes. Link schemes are attempts to manipulate search engine rankings by building artificial links. Search engines can detect link schemes, and they can penalize websites that use them.
- Focus on getting backlinks from high-quality websites. Backlinks from high-quality websites are more valuable than backlinks from low-quality websites.
- Get backlinks from diverse websites. Don’t just focus on getting backlinks from websites in your own industry.
Five Ways to use Email Marketing effectively for your Blog
Email marketing is one of the most effective ways to connect with your blog audience and promote your content. It’s a direct line of communication to your subscribers, and it allows you to build relationships with them on a more personal level.
But with so many emails competing for people’s attention, it’s important to make sure your emails are well-written, informative, and engaging. Here are five tips for using email marketing effectively for your blog:
1. Build a targeted email list
The first step to effective email marketing is to build a targeted email list. This means collecting email addresses from people who are interested in your blog content.
There are many different ways to collect email addresses, such as:
- Adding a sign-up form to your blog sidebar
- Offering a lead magnet, such as a free ebook or checklist, in exchange for an email address
- Promoting your email list on social media and in your blog posts
- Running email marketing contests and giveaways
Once you have a list of email subscribers, it’s important to segment your list so that you can send more targeted emails. For example, you could segment your list by interests, demographics, or purchase history.
2. Write compelling subject lines
The subject line is the first thing people see when they receive an email, so it’s important to make it count. A good subject line will be clear, concise, and attention-grabbing.
Here are a few tips for writing compelling subject lines:
- Use strong power words, such as “new,” “free,” “limited time offer,” and “exclusive.”
- Personalize the subject line by including the subscriber’s name or a topic that they’re interested in.
- Ask a question or create a sense of urgency.
- Keep the subject line short and sweet, so that it displays fully in the subscriber’s inbox.
3. Write engaging email content
The body of your email should be well-written, informative, and engaging. Avoid writing salesy or promotional emails. Instead, focus on providing your subscribers with valuable content that they will enjoy reading.
Here are a few tips for writing engaging email content:
- Start with a strong introduction that grabs the reader’s attention.
- Write in a conversational tone and use clear, concise language.
- Break up your text with headings and images.
- Include a call to action at the end of your email, such as inviting subscribers to visit your blog, read a new article, or download a free resource.
4. Send emails at the right time
When you send your emails is just as important as what you write in them. You want to send emails at a time when your subscribers are most likely to open and read them.
The best time to send emails varies depending on your audience, but a good rule of thumb is to send them during the workweek, between 9am and 5pm. You should also avoid sending emails on weekends and holidays.
5. Track your results and optimize your campaigns
It’s important to track the results of your email marketing campaigns so that you can see what’s working and what’s not. This information can help you to optimize your campaigns over time.
Most email marketing platforms provide detailed analytics on your campaigns, such as open rates, click-through rates, and conversion rates. You can use this data to identify which subject lines, content, and send times are most effective.
Additional tips for using email marketing effectively for your blog
- Use a professional email marketing platform. There are many different email marketing platforms available, such as Mailchimp, Constant Contact, and ConvertKit. These platforms make it easy to create and send email campaigns, and they also provide detailed analytics on your results.
- Make your emails mobile-friendly. More and more people are reading their emails on mobile devices, so it’s important to make sure your emails look good and function well on all devices.
- Don’t overdo it. Don’t send too many emails to your subscribers, or they’ll unsubscribe from your list. A good rule of thumb is to send one or two emails per week.
- Test different elements of your campaigns. Use A/B testing to test different subject lines, content, and send times to see what works best for your audience.
Five case studies of bloggers who use email marketing effectively
Here are five case studies of bloggers who use email marketing effectively:
1. Pat Flynn
Pat Flynn is a blogger and podcaster who helps entrepreneurs start and grow their online businesses. He uses email marketing to build relationships with his audience and promote his content.
He sends out a weekly email newsletter called “Smart Passive Income.” His email newsletters are typically around 2,000 words long and packed with valuable content. He includes a mix of personal stories, business advice, and actionable tips.
Flynn also uses email marketing to promote his courses, products, and services. However, he always does this in a way that is helpful and informative. He never sends out salesy or promotional emails.
As a result of his effective email marketing strategy, Flynn has built a large and engaged email list. His email newsletters have open rates of over 50% and click-through rates of over 10%.
2. Marie Forleo
Marie Forleo is a life coach and entrepreneur who helps people create a life and business that they love. She uses email marketing to connect with her audience and share her inspiring messages.
Forleo sends out a weekly email newsletter called “Marie Forleo.” Her email newsletters are typically around 1,000 words long and include a mix of personal stories, motivational messages, and practical advice.
Forleo also uses email marketing to promote her courses, products, and services. However, she always does this in a way that is aligned with her values and mission. She never sends out salesy or pushy emails.
As a result of her effective email marketing strategy, Forleo has built a large and loyal email list. Her email newsletters have open rates of over 40% and click-through rates of over 10%.
3. Jeff Goins
Jeff Goins is an author and speaker who helps people write and share their stories. He uses email marketing to build relationships with his audience and promote his books and courses.
Goins sends out a weekly email newsletter called “GoinsWriter.” His email newsletters are typically around 1,000 words long and include a mix of personal stories, writing advice, and book reviews.
Goins also uses email marketing to promote his courses and products. However, he always does this in a way that is helpful and informative. He never sends out salesy or promotional emails.
As a result of his effective email marketing strategy, Goins has built a large and engaged email list. His email newsletters have open rates of over 30% and click-through rates of over 10%.
4. Melyssa Griffin
Melyssa Griffin is a business coach and strategist who helps women entrepreneurs start and grow their online businesses. She uses email marketing to connect with her audience and share her business expertise.
Griffin sends out a weekly email newsletter called “The Business Siren.” Her email newsletters are typically around 1,000 words long and include a mix of personal stories, business advice, and case studies.
Griffin also uses email marketing to promote her courses and products. However, she always does this in a way that is aligned with her values and mission. She never sends out salesy or pushy emails.
As a result of her effective email marketing strategy, Griffin has built a large and loyal email list. Her email newsletters have open rates of over 40% and click-through rates of over 10%.
5. Darren Rowse
Darren Rowse is the founder of ProBlogger.net, a popular blog about blogging. He uses email marketing to connect with his audience and share his blogging expertise.
Rowse sends out a weekly email newsletter called “ProBlogger.” His email newsletters are typically around 1,000 words long and include a mix of personal stories, blogging tips, and case studies.
Rowse also uses email marketing to promote his courses and products. However, he always does this in a way that is helpful and informative. He never sends out salesy or promotional emails.
As a result of his effective email marketing strategy, Rowse has built a large and engaged email list. His email newsletters have open rates of over 30% and click-through rates of over 10%.
These are just a few examples of bloggers who are using email marketing effectively to build relationships with their audience and promote their content. If you’re serious about blogging, then you should definitely consider adding email marketing to your marketing strategy.
As a blogger, building relationships and promoting your content is essential. Email marketing can help grow your blog audience and increase engagement, but it’s important to have a clear understanding of your target audience and their interests. Personalizing your emails and segmenting your list based on subscriber behaviour can lead to higher open rates and click-through rates. Additionally, creating compelling subject lines, providing valuable content, and optimizing your emails for mobile devices are all important factors for success. By implementing these tips, you can take advantage of email marketing’s power to reach your goals and grow your blog audience.
7 Effective Tips for Enhancing Your Blogging Skills
Blogging has become an essential tool for individuals and businesses alike to share knowledge, connect with readers, and establish an online presence. If you’re looking to improve your blogging skills, here are seven tips that will help you take your writing to the next level:
- Identify your target audience: Before you start writing, it’s crucial to understand who your target audience is. Determine their interests, demographics, and the type of content they are looking for. By doing so, you can tailor your blog posts to cater to their needs and preferences.
- Create a content strategy: Developing a content strategy will help you maintain consistency and provide direction for your blogging journey. Outline topics, keywords, and a posting schedule. This will ensure that you always have ideas for your next blog post and allow you to plan your content in advance.
- Craft compelling headlines: Your blog post’s headline is the first impression you make on potential readers. Aim for catchy and engaging headlines that grab attention and entice readers to click. Incorporate relevant keywords to optimize your post for search engines.
- Write engaging and informative content: To attract and retain readers, your content needs to be engaging and valuable. Focus on creating well-researched and informative articles that offer unique insights or solve problems for your audience. Use subheadings, bulleted lists, and visuals to break up the text and make it easier to read.
- Proofread and edit: Nothing undermines your credibility like a poorly written and error-riddled blog post. After completing your first draft, take the time to proofread and edit your work. Check for spelling and grammar errors, ensure your sentences flow smoothly, and trim any unnecessary fluff. Consider using grammar-checking tools or enlisting an editor to help polish your writing.
- Optimize for search engines: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plays a crucial role in driving organic traffic to your blog. Do keyword research and integrate relevant keywords naturally into your blog posts. Optimize your meta tags, headings, and image alt tags. Additionally, aim to create content that is helpful, informative, and easily shareable.
- Engage with your audience: Building a community around your blog is essential for long-term success. Respond to comments, engage with readers on social media, and encourage discussions. Foster a sense of connection and make your readers feel valued. By doing so, you will build trust, loyalty, and a dedicated readership.
By following these tips, you can improve your blogging skills and increase the impact of your content. Remember, consistency and continuous learning are also crucial in the blogging world. Happy blogging!
Remember, consistency and continuous learning are also crucial in the blogging world. Happy blogging!
The Top 10 Freelance Blogs You Need to Follow in 2024
IntroductionFreelancing has become a popular career choice for many people around the world. With the rise of the gig economy,...
The Top 5 Freelance Marketplaces for Freelancers in 2024: A Comprehensive Guide
Introduction:The freelance industry has been growing rapidly in recent years, and it shows no signs of slowing down. With the...
Mastering the Art of Freelance Proposals: How to Craft a Standout Pitch and Win Clients
In the competitive world of freelancing, a well-crafted proposal can be the key to securing lucrative projects and standing out...
Mastering the Freelance Game: 10 Winning Strategies to Land Lucrative Projects and Make Money in 2024″
In today’s dynamic and competitive freelance landscape, securing high-paying projects requires a strategic approach and a deep understanding of market...
2024 Freelance Business Consulting: A Guide to Success
Introduction Freelance business consulting is a growing field that offers a lot of opportunities for professionals who want to work...
10 In-Demand Freelance Skills to Stay Ahead of AI in 2024
Introduction:The rise of artificial intelligence (AI) has been a hot topic in recent years, with many people fearing that it...
10 Strategic Tips for Freelancers to Thrive in the AI-Enhanced Workforce
Introduction In today’s rapidly evolving digital landscape, freelancers are navigating a world where artificial intelligence (AI) is reshaping the job...
How to Make Money Web Designer and Web Developer
Are you a web designer or web developer looking for ways to make more money? With the rise of e-commerce...
blogging2 years ago
How to Use Social Media to Promote Your Blog
freelance2 years ago
6 Future-Focused Skills Freelance Creatives Can’t Afford to Ignore
blogging2 years ago
20 Best Freelance Marketplaces for Freelancers in 2022 to Make Money
Digital Banking2 years ago
Pakistan Consumer Confidence Index increased by 8.8% in Q4 2021
Startups2 years ago
Private equity is buying up America’s newspapers
blogging2 years ago
30 “Proven” Ways to Make Money Online Blogging with WordPress
social media2 years ago
How to Learn Social Media Without Getting Scammed
freelance2 years ago
7 Highest Paying Freelance Jobs For Earning A Steady Income